This position is full-time and covered under Wage and Hour Regulations with a flexible 40 hour per week schedule. This position is a member of the Human Resources Department (but works collaboratively with the Financial Services Department) and expedites tasks related to financial standards and compliance. Duties of this position can include aspects of “payroll and human resources department” functions. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are nonetheless essential to the smooth functioning of the corporation under the heading of “Miscellaneous”. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources as directed in an Appointment Letter.
Financial Standards and Compliance
- Performs daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks related to the preparation and proper management of the corporate payroll activities as assigned.
- Performs all financial practices according to accepted accounting standards.
- Assists in ensuring that financial obligations are addressed and accounted for on a day to day basis according to established policies, procedures and/or protocols.
- Expedites all assigned financial data submissions within established deadlines.
- Assists in ensuring the development and submission of” financially true” periodic reports.
- Assists in ensuring that a satisfactory Certified Annual Audit is achieved for each fiscal year.
- Assists in the security of physical or electronic instruments of fund release.
- Ensure corporate compliance with federal, state and local personnel and payroll related laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Administers, directs and reports all vital and statistical information pertaining to the Agency sponsored 401k plan to the assigned Financial Services Platform Company.
- Coordinates and assists and participates in the annual 401k planning meeting.
- Facilitates, assists and participates in the annual 401k audit. Assists financial auditors and helps gather information for the annual testing and annual audit of the plan. Implements any needed and/or recommended changes to the plan.
- Guide direct and give guidance to employees and the Vice President of HR regarding the administration of plan benefits in the 401k plan.
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Serves as substitute/relief for fellow Human Resource Department when necessary or appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with all FRBH staff members and contract entities to facilitate smooth corporate functioning.Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned.
- Provides well-grounded advice to the Vice President for HR, along with the Senior VP and CFO and Controller, both proactively and reactively.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, Business, or a related field and one (1) year of experience in a payroll administration, accounting and/or HR position.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in a human service field and three (3) years’ experience in a payroll administration, accounting and/or HR position
- Or Possess a High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years’ experience in payroll administration, accounting and/or HR position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must have computer literacy.
- Must have two (2) years accounting/bookkeeping experience, health care setting preferred.
- Must pass all required background checks.