This position is full time with a regular, but flexible, 40 hour per week schedule. The individual who holds this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating the clerical activities of his/her assigned Site. Priority tasks include, but are not limited to: screening and recommending for hire potential clerical staff candidates; providing supervision and coordination of the clerical staff activities; and ensuring that high-quality clerical support services are provided to consumers and professional staff. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are Site-specific in nature, but nonetheless essential to the smooth functioning of his/her Site, under the heading of “Miscellaneous Duties”. This position reports to the Site Administrator; however can report, by assignment, to an appropriate designee of the Site Administrator.
A. Clerical Staff Supervision
- Screens, interviews, checks references, facilitates background checks, and/or otherwise participates in the selection of clerical candidates as outlined in FRBH current hiring protocols
- Provides direct supervision to clerical staff members
- Ensures that clerical staff members are instructed in ethical and professional skills for interacting with consumers
- Ensures that all clerical staff members are instructed in all job-relevant corporate policies, procedures, protocols and practices
- Ensures that all clerical staff member actions or omissions that are ethically or professionally questionable are immediately reported and addressed
- Conducts clerical staff members performance evaluations in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Advises the Site Administrator when additional training is needed for any individual clerical staff member or the group as a whole
B. Clerical Activities Coordination, Scheduling and Administration
- Develops and maintains schedules for clerical staff coverage for the hours the Site is open
- Serves as clerical coverage when necessary or appropriate
- Ensures that consumers are treated with appropriate respect and compassion
- Ensures that consumer scheduling is administered according to Corporate Policy
- Ensures that consumer intake processing is administered according to Corporate Policy
- Ensures that billing for services, including same-day collections from consumers, is expedited according to Corporate Policy
- Oversees cash funds (e.g. petty cash, collection change funds) as assigned
- Ensures that all incoming communications (physical, telephonic and/or electronic) are managed according to Corporate Policy
- Ensures that Medical Record documentation (physical or electronic) is processed, handled, maintained, secured, audited, closed, and archived according to Corporate Policy
- Ensures that all information released from consumer records are done so in compliance with Corporate Policy
- Ensures that professional (or otherwise serviced) staff are provided with all clerical support services that have been deemed necessary by policy, procedure, protocol, practice, or other supervisory directive
- Assists in identifying and securing resources needed to conduct programs administered through his/her Site
- Maintains an inventory of supplies necessary for the operation of the Site’s clerical activities
- Ensures that all assigned periodic reports or other data submissions are accurate and timely
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Works cooperatively with other Office Managers to facilitate smooth inter-Site functioning
- Takes minutes of Site Staff Meetings, maintains records of same, and submits copies as requested
- Maintains any resource or other informational files as assigned by the Site Administrator
- Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Must either:
- Possess an Associates Degree in an applied business technology and one (1) year of experience in service to a health care industry program; or
- Possess a Business School Diploma in an applied business technology and two (2) years experience in service to a health care industry program, or
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years experience in service to a health care industry program.
- Must either:
- Have successful supervisory experience, or
- Have an endorsement from his/her most recent supervisor that there is “reason to believe” the individual could be successful as a supervisor.
- Must have good keyboarding, computer and general office skills; information systems experience preferred.
- Must have references which report excellent skills in exercising good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with consumers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Must pass all required background checks.