This position may be full or part time with a regular or variable work-week schedule. The individual who holds this position is responsible for performing any assigned clerical activities at his/her assigned location for which s/he has been deemed competent. The priority expectation is that an individual in this position will provide high-quality, politely-executed clerical support services to consumers and professional staff. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are nonetheless essential to the smooth functioning of his/her location under the heading of “Miscellaneous”. This position reports administratively as specified in the specific clerk’s Appointment Letter.
- Treats consumers with appropriate respect and compassion, regardless of circumstance.
- Performs consumer scheduling tasks according to FRBH Policy and contractual obligations.
- Performs consumer intake processing according to FRBH Policy.
- Performs service billing, including same-day collections from consumers, according to FRBH Policy.
- Handles cash funds (e.g. petty cash, collection change funds) according to FRBH Policy.
- Performs transcription and other keyboarding as assigned.
- Processes incoming communications (physical, telephonic and/or electronic) according to FRBH Policy.
- Processes, handles, maintains, closes, and archives medical record documentation (physical or electronic) according to FRBH Policy.
- Assists in auditing medical records as assigned.
- Assists in securing protected health information according to FRBH Policy.
- Ensures that all information released from consumer records are done so in compliance with FRBH Policy.
- Assists in identifying and securing resources needed to conduct programs administered through his/her assigned location.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of supplies necessary for the operation of assigned location.
- Expedites all assigned periodic reports or other data submissions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Serves as substitute/relief for fellow Office Clerks when necessary or appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with other Office Clerks to facilitate smooth intra-Site and inter-Site functioning.
- Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED; an Associate’s Degree in applied business or a Business School Diploma preferred.
- Must have good keyboarding, computer and general office skills; information systems experience preferred.
- Must have references which report excellent skills in exercising good judgment and courtesy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must pass all required background checks.