The Comptroller position reports directly to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and has responsibility for the day-to-day management of the financial services of FRBH. The position is full-time and exempt from Wage and Hour Regulations with a flexible 40 hour per week schedule. S/he is integral to the planning and implementation of all financial actions of the corporation, under the advice and consent of the CFO. S/he assists the CFO in implementing and representing the financially relevant personnel policies and practices of the corporation.
A: Fiscal Standards and Compliance Responsibilities
- Expedites all FRBH financially relevant policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Conducts FRBH financial practices within sound and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Supervises the tracking of and accounting for all corporate assets.
- Directs the Accounts Receivable activities related to all corporate operations.
- Assists in the proper documentation related to corporate payroll activities.
- Directs the Accounts Payable activities related to all corporate operations.
- Oversees that all financial obligations are addressed and accounted for on a day-to-day basis.
- Assists with corporate and operational liability insurance coverage needs.
- Assures that all financial data submission requirements and deadlines are met as directed by the CFO.
- Oversees the development and submission of “financially true” periodic reports from programs and operational components as directed by the CFO.
- Participates in all financial auditing visits by external entities.
- Assists with completing a satisfactory Certified Annual Audit each fiscal year.
B: Planning Responsibilities
- Reviews, analyzes, and distributes incoming financial information to the corporation that could influence operations or program planning as directed by the CFO.
- Analyzes and advises the CFO regarding the financial impact of any anticipated changes in funding streams or other revenue sources.
- Manages data collection systems that are in place to make all necessary financial planning data available.
- Gathers financial reporting needs or compliance obligation data from the information technology, medical record and other data management systems.
- Assists the CFO and COO in constructing the Annual Plan and Budget.
- Assists the CFO in keeping the Finance Committee of the BOD appropriately aware of the fiscal information necessary for them to make sound decisions.
C: Personnel Responsibilities
- Assists the CFO in providing guidance to the Human Resource Department on financial issues.
- Assists the CFO in the development and implementation of operational policies, administrative procedures, and record keeping practices to enact the FRBH Personnel Policies as intended by the BOD.
- Conducts personnel activities as expected for proper supervision and oversight of subordinate staff members.
D: Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Assists in the application for grant opportunities that advance the mission of the corporation as assigned.
- Develops and prepares special reports as assigned.
- Provides well-grounded advice to the CFO, both proactively and reactively.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting field
- Possess a current license as Certified Public Accountant
- One (1) year supervisory experience, preferred
- Preference given to individuals with experience in a community behavioral health setting
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must have references which report excellent skills in writing, exercising good judgment, and tact
- Must pass all required background checks